MCA >>> Rules of Cricket
Rules
 
SHARAD PAWAR SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME RULES
 
 
Rules relating to the Sharad Pawar Scholarship Scheme
 
1.
The scholarship shall be called “Shri Sharad Pawar Scholarship to Emerging Cricketers
 
2.
The Scholarship will be available to the students in the age group from 12 to 19 years.
 
3.
The applicant has to be a bonafide student studying in a recognized school, junior college or a degree college.
 
4.
The scholarship shall be available only to the cricketers registered with MCA and representing MCA, who has not been subject to any disciplinary action anytime or against whom any complaint is pending.
 
5.
In any given year, minimum 3 girls will be selected for the Scholarship, provided there are 3 or more eligible girl applicants in the year.
 
6.
Maximum of 90% of the amount of annual interest accrued on the main corpus shall be utilized in a given year under this scheme, while the remaining 10% amount shall be ploughed back.
 
7.
The Scholarship will be based on merit-cum-means and need. Hence, while selecting the recipients, the applicant’s performance in the cricket matches, financial status, academic record and the financial need will be taken into account.
 
8.
The minimum conditions for the award will be as follows :
 
i)
The applicant must produce a certificate from the respective Head of the Institution regarding his being a bonafide student.
 
ii)
The applicant should have a satisfactory academic record.
 
iii)
The applicant should not be a repeater student during the year of his / her applying for the scholarship. If the applicant fails in the annual examination during the scholarship tenure, his / her scholarship shall be terminated.
 
iv)
Explicit requirements to be met through this scholarship should be mentioned by the applicant in the application form.
 
v)
The applicant should have shown talent in cricket.
 
vi)
The applicant should be from an economically weaker section of society (A certified copy of the total annual income of the parents should be attached alongwith the application form). The gross family income should be less than Rs.12,000/- per month.
 
vii)
The applicants can apply directly OR the names of the applicants for the said scholarship can be recommended by recognized clubs / educational institutions to the Scholarship Committee on or before 31st March every year.
 
 
9.
There shall be three age groups under which the financial help can be extended.
 
i)
Below 14 years
 
ii)
Between 14-16 years
 
iii)
Between 16-18 years
 
10.
The total amount to be disbursed in each group as well as the maximum amount to be given to a recipient will be flexible.
 
11.
The scholarship shall be for a minimum period of one year and a maximum period of four years from the date of sanction of the scholarship. If the applicant is consistent in his / her performance and needs further assistance, he / she has to apply fresh.
 
12.
The assistance shall be available for items like tuition fee, cricket training fee, cost of cricket equipment and medical help.
 
13.
If an applicant is availing of any scholarship / sponsorship / financial assistance from any other source but is unable to cover his / her specific requirements approved under this scheme, the Scholarship Committee may decide to give him / her additional assistance through this scholarship.
 
14.
The recipient of this scholarship has to bring to the notice of the Scholarship Committee if there is any change / deviation in his / her status as disclosed at the time of submitting the application within 7 working days from the date of change. If, at a later stage, it is found that any relevant information is purposely hidden or not disclosed on time, the scholarship will be terminated with immediate effect and even a recovery of amount already disbursed under this scholarship may be initiated.
 
15.
The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to increase, to decrease of to stop the scholarship during the assistance year without giving a formal notice and its decision shall be final.
 
16.
A Scholarship Committee of following members shall be constituted to scrutinize the applications and select the recipients (names of the recipients to be declared by 30th April every year)
 
i)
President (Ex – Officio)
 
ii)
Vice Presidents (2 in Numbers) (Ex – Officio)
 
iii)
Joint Honorary Secretaries (2 in Numbers) (Ex – Officio)
 
iv)
Hon. Treasurer (Ex – Officio) (Convenor)
 
 
 
RULES
MCA Poll
Will India, win the Twenty20 Series against Australia to be held in Australia?
Yes
No
Can't Say
Results